MOSTLY MUTTS DONATION DRIVE
Thank you so much for everyone who took part in our January Mostly Mutts Donation Drive! We were so happy to be able to help such a worthy organization. We will let you know when we have our next Community Outreach Project.
Mostly Mutts began rescuing animals in 2004, with one dedicated volunteer, a couple of kennels and a desire to make a difference. In the last ten years, MM has grown into a large, well respected organization. MM is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization.
Our Mission is to help the Unwanted, Abandoned, Abused and Sick animals in the Metro Atlanta area. We fulfill this mission by working closely with County Animal Control Facilities, saving those who are in imminent danger of euthanasia, or those with needs which require specialized vet care that many other groups will not consider.
· Major Orthopedic Issues: Broken bones, surgical repair, rehabilitation
· Heartworm Positive Treatment:
· Skin Conditions: Contagious and Non-Contagious Mange
· Severely Neglected: Grooming & General Care:
· Breeder Dogs from Puppy Mills: many health and socialization issues
To date, MM has placed close to 4,000 animals into their Furever homes, the majority of them dogs, but we also rescue cats and from time to time have helped other species such as rabbits and even a pig!
Every animal that MM adopts out to a Furever home has the following basic vetting:
· Spay or Neuter surgery
· Vaccinations up to date according to age (Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, Bordatella, De-worming)
· Heartworm Testing (we pay for treatment for any HW+ animal after adoption)
Our Adoption process is very thorough...MM prides itself in making every effort to place each animal in the right home. We take extra measures to match the animal and its particular needs to the right family...and vice versa. The MM Foster Family program is key in this effort, as these families give us up to date, pertinent information about the animals in their care.
Each year, more than 100,000 animals are euthanized in Metro Atlanta Animal Control Facilities. That number could fill Turner Field several times over....
While we work tirelessly to assist the animals in need in our area....we recognize that the ultimate answer to the pet overpopulation problem is SIMPLE: Spaying and Neutering all pets. To that end, MM financially supports local Spay/Neuter organizations such as The Spay/Neuter Coalition of GA.
DONATION DRIVE IDEAS:
FOOD & CRATES:
MM only feeds Nutro Brand Food.
· Any NUTRO brand food: Puppy, Adult, Large Breed, Small Breed, Senior Dog...All formulas are welcome.
· Gift Cards to Petsmart to allow us to purchase the food as we need it
· Collapsible Metal Kennels and Plastic Travel Kennels of all sizes
MM cleans ALOT at our new shelter and goes thru a ton of products! We need the following items in bulk:
· Bleach: Regular and Laundry No Spill, Color Safe
· Paper Towels
· Used Wash Cloths
· Steam Mops & Washable pads
· Brooms & Dust Pans
· Garbage Bags: Small Office size
MM also does a ALOT of laundry and we need the following items:
· Color Safe/No Splash Bleach
· Laundry Detergent: Any brand...but must be 'HE" type...for High Efficiency Machines
· Dryer Sheets: Any brand
· Old Towels: Please NO Blankets, Comforters as they are too difficult to wash
· Pop-Up Mesh Hampers: All white please!
It takes an army of folks to run Mostly Mutts, and a lot of office supplies. The best gift to MM would be Gift Cards to Staples (closest to our office) or any office supply store.
· Reams of Copy Paper
· Hanging File Folders
· Third Cut Manila File Folders (letter size)
· Paper Clips, Staples, Binder Clips
· Heavy Duty Page Protectors
· 3 Ring Binders: 3"-4"
If you would like to volunteer for our Community Outreach Committee,
please contact Tanisha Hannon.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
Lost Mountain PTSA
Lost Mountain Middle School - Cobb County
700 Old Mountain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152